Saturday, October 11, 2008

Want It, Seek It, and Do It

I just finished watching "An Unlikely Mormon: The Conversion Story of Glenn Beck."  What an amazing conversion story.  If you want to watch a very powerful movie that will touch you to the core and also make you laugh, this is it.  I laughed and cried throughout.  At the very end, he makes this statement, "It is a tough journey because it requires honesty and hard work but I am hear to testify to you that it is worth every moment of that journey.  It is the greatest miracle of all of mankind.  The windows of the universe will be opened up and blessings will rain down on you beyond you wildest imaginations.  If you just want it, if you just seek it, if you just do it."   What a powerful statement!  Want, seek and do and you will be blessed!  I truly believe that.  "[P]rove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." (Malachi 3:10)  We can never completely repay the Lord for what he has done because whenever we do something for Him, he is going to bless us.  The key for us, as mortal, imperfect beings, is that we must be willing.  We must have a willing "heart and a willing mind." (D&C 64:34) We must want it and give everything for it.  The it I'm referring to is eternal life.  I suppose 'it' could be anything that we are reaching for in life, maybe an answer to a problem, maybe it is a desire to overcome a problem that we have or maybe it could a goal we are trying to achieve.  "Seek, and ye shall find, knock, and it shall be opened unto you." (Matt. 7:7, Luke 11:9, 3 Ne. 14:7, D&C 88:63) You want it, you seek for it, and then once you have found it you do whatever it takes to reach it.  I don't know if all this makes sense to anyone else but that is what I got out of that powerful closing statement by Glenn Beck.   Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: