Friday, October 10, 2008

Turbulant Times

It is a pretty crazy world we live in right now isn't it?  Currently I feel secure and safe but for how long?  Wall street is going crazy and the government seems to be trying to get their hands into everything to try and fix it.  Is that the right thing to do?  I don't really know but my gut says, "I don't think so."  Are we getting close to the end of time, the time spoken of in the scriptures when Christ "comes again to rule among the sons of men"?[1]  Of course we are but how close are we.  Something is certainly happening in the world that has never been seen before.   It has me concerned what is on the horizon.  The one comfort that I have is that as long as my family and I listen to a follow the counsel of the Prophet, we will be okay.  We might have trials and hard times but we will be able to make it through.  I really believe that the United States, if not the whole world, is in store for some difficult times.  I have no idea what they are but I want to make sure that I am prepared for whatever comes our way.  My wife and I are making sure we have a good food storage setup, emergency preparedness plans and anything else that the leaders of the Church are asking us to do.  The other thing I do to be prepared is I read and I listen.  I have a radio on almost all day on talk radio.  I read the news, as much as I have time for.  At thist point in my life more than any other I feel better informed and better prepared for what is and might happen.  I pray that everyone else will do the same.  

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: