Monday, April 20, 2009

Taking a Stand… Way to Go!

I don’t believe we should have a Miss USA pageant but I just had to post this.  I don’t believe that women need to be paraded for everyone to see.  Women are daughters of our Heavenly Father and our physical bodies should be kept sacred.

If you have read much of this blog, you know my stand against same-sex marriage.  If you haven’t been reading my blog, check out these posts:

Anyways, back to the reason for this post.  I didn’t watch the Miss USA pageant but on Fox News today, there was an article discussing a response by the contestant from California.  The question was whether or not she believed in gay marriage.  This was her response:

“We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised.”

If I would have been watching that I would’ve stood up and clapped.  What a statement!  She stood up for what she believed and did it regardless of the consequences.  As a result, she didn’t win the competition.  I don’t think she should worry about that, she should be proud of herself for taking a stand.  Kudos to her.  I think we could all learn a little bit from what she did. 

Miss California Sparks Furor With Gay Marriage Comments on Miss USA Telecast

Source: Fox News

UPDATE: After the competition, the Fox News Channel’s Courtney Friel interviewed Miss California.  The one statement that stuck out to me is this: “…[U]ltimately, the greatest judge of…character was not the one who asked…the question, but the one who doesn't need a TV camera to watch her answer.”

Miss California: God was testing me

Source: World Net Daily

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: